What can investors expect from Disney in the second half of 2022
May 28th 2023, 12:56 pm
It's a big second half of the year coming up for Disney and its shareholders.
The first half has been a bit of a challenge but not all bad, including;
- Disney losing its special tax status in Florida,
- Shanghai Disneyland remaining largely closed,
- Buzz Lightyear movie is on track to become one of the few big bombs of the year (maybe replacing Tim Allen wasn't a great idea!)
- Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi crowned as the largest debut series in Disney+ history
But the second half won't fail to disappoint, at least from a watch this space perspective.
- Disney Wish is due to be christened soon and will set sail in July
- Sequels to the billion-dollar monster successes are on their way, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Avatar 2: The Way of the Water, and Thor: Love and Thunder
- Will Disney's CEO, Chaepk, remain at the helm or will he finally be kicked to the curb and the much loved Robert Iger return!