Interest Rate Hikes 0.5% 🏦
Dec 15th 2022, 12:56 pm
Fed reduces rate hike frequency
- After a string of more significant 0.75% increases, the US FED formally lowered the rate increases in order to ease the path of interest rate hikes. In his press conference, FED head Jerome Powell suggested that the bank might consider lowering the magnitude of its raises once more to 0.25%. However, officials said they were prepared to surpass the 5% total raise market projections for the terminal rate.
Investors do not welcome higher terminal rates.
- Markets were unsatisfied that the Fed planned to raise interest rates further than the widely anticipated 5% terminal rate, although not responding negatively to the predicted 0.5% increase.
Source: Photo by Daniel Lloyd Blunk-Fernández on Unsplash
- UK inflation slows more than anticipated: Yesterday, the UK's Office for National Statistics revealed lower-than-anticipated inflation in the economy, which led to a slight decline in the UK100.
- As news of the EU's plans to enact the first carbon border tax in the history of the world spread, the price of carbon emissions dropped yesterday.
- Elon Musk sells more $TSLA stock for $3.6 billion.
- $ADBE continues the earnings season by releasing its Q4 financial results today following the market close.
- In addition, $C will cease operating in China's consumer banking market, affecting 1,200 workers.
Source: Yahoo Finance